VMware Horizon Community
ASCPL
Contributor
Contributor

I want to accept the SSL Security Certificate automatically, what is the parameter? Linux VMView Client

This is what I have set to run on startup and it works PERFECT except the anoying message about "are you sure you want to connect insecurly" blah, blah, blah.

/usr/bin/vmware-view --fullscreen --nonInteractive --serverURL=x.x.x.x --domainName=test --userName=admin --password=pwd --nomenubar --lockServer

Is there a parameter that can bypass this? Driving me crazy...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASCPL
Contributor
Contributor

Well for anyone else that stubles upon this.

Per:  http://www.vmware.com/pdf/view-client-linux-document.pdf

Configuration Key                    Parameter          Description                                            

view.sslVerificationMode           None                Sets the server certificate verification mode.
                                                                           Specify "1" to reject connections when the
                                                                           certificate fails any of the verification
                                                                           checks, "2" to warn but allow connections
                                                                           that use a self-signed certificate, or "3" to
                                                                           allow unverifiable connections. If you
                                                                           specify "3" no verification checks are
                                                                           performed. Default is "2".

So as of right now there isn't a parameter to do what I need.

However, I am just going to write a script that pastes that line into the view-preferences file on startup.

Good luck everyone else.

0 Kudos