VMware Horizon Community
naoufl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I need help please ( connection server failed to connect to vcenter server )

Dear professionals

as you can see from the attached pictures, I can not add a Vcenter server to Horison View administrator .

here 's few things to remember:

- I did not install SQL database ( do i have to?)

- the vcenter server machine is up and running but i did i not login into vcenter portal via vsphere web client.

- I entered the same username and password (Administrator@Vsphere.local) which I enter when i want to login to vcenter via vsphere web client.

- which username and password do i have to type inorder to add vcenter server to Horison View administrator (shown in the picture)

- vsphere web client uses port 9443 to connect to vcenter server. does this port has something to do with adding Vcenter server to Horison View administrator?

please help me.

thank you

naoufl

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi naoufl.

The port that is to be used is 443 not 9443. 9443 is only between web client and vcenter. here the connection is between view manager and vcenter.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Note: Discussion successfully moved from VMware Workstation to VMware® Horizon View™

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
JihemmeT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Indeed, port is 443 (you connect to the SDK, not the web client).

Then, I would not use the SSO administrator for this use, it is the last thing to do. Create a vCenter local account (VCSA or Windows one) and grant it the rights to administrate the vCenter, this will have a side effect : you will know that it is View solution that is doing tasks you'll see in the vCenter events. It is imho a best practice to create dedicated accounts for such services (vCloud Director, SRM, View, etc.).

0 Kudos