VMware Horizon Community
naoufl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I need help please (I can not connect to the connection server via Horizon View client)

dear professionals.

please help me.

as you can see from the attached pictures, I can not connect to the connection server via Horizon View client in order to use a desktop from the pool.

here things to remember:

- my laptop hosts all the Vmware environment. The horizon view client is installed in my windows 7 physical machine laptop.

i installed all the virtual servers on this physical machine (AD server, Vcenter server, Connection server and a windows 7 vm to use as desktop)

- my windows 7 laptop which the Horizon View client is installed in, has not joined the Vmware domain yet.

Please advice me what to do

thank you

naoufl

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Are you logging into the Horizon View client with a domain user that is entitled to the pool you created?

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
naoufl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear vmroyale

please help me.

as you can see from the attached pictured, i setup and configured a pool in the connection server.

but i can not use any desktop from pool i created!!!

I got error message stating: ''This desktop currently has no desktop sources available''

i gave permission to the user which i am logging with to use this pool.

it seems something wrong with the pool because there is a red cross sign on the pool icon (see the picture please)

Please advice me what to do

many thanx

naoufl28.jpg29.jpg30.jpg

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Can you post a screenshot of the "Desktops" section in View Manager?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos