VMware Horizon Community
linglong768
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I need a solution of about 800 VDI,please help me!

one of my customers wants me to give him a solution of 800 VDI desktops. as i know, there as only 253 ip available in a same ip segment. so how to deal with 800 desktops with one VC and one View Connection server or more? Thank you advanced!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dinny
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You could use a different subnet mask to combine several standard class C (255.255.255.0) subnets into one larger network

Dinny

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
taits
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You could configure scopes on your dhcp server for different subnets and then create a master VM or template for each scope.

Regards, Tait

linglong768
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

but can one VC cross the different ip segments to manage the VM,and can View connection server deploy VM with View composer cross different ip segment?

0 Kudos
dinny
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You could use a different subnet mask to combine several standard class C (255.255.255.0) subnets into one larger network

Dinny

0 Kudos
linglong768
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

so can virtual machines get the all the IPs in the network which contain several standard class c subnets? and how to configurate dhcp server to manager several standard class c subnets? thank you so muck!

0 Kudos
linglong768
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

taits dinny , thank you both of you! if you like, i really want to make friends with you.my email is .

best wishes!

0 Kudos
dinny
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hiya,

I would certainly be pretty amazed if VMware had developed their products so that they only worked with class C subnets.

Will be a few more days till I've done it here myself - but again it should work fine.

The thing that determines the size of the network is really just the subnet mask - nothing else.

How you set up your dhcp would rather depend what dhcp server on what OS you are using.

But the basics will be the same on any - set up a network scope with the appropriate subnet mask, enter the gateway, and then a range of IP addresses to use (and optionally any exclusions)

Obviously your network administrators will also need to set up the VLAN or network definition on your physical (cisco?) switches etc, with the correct mask and whatever gateway they wish to use - but they certainly ought to be familiar with that side of things?

Dinny