VMware Horizon Community
Mickelonis
Contributor
Contributor

I need a TPAutoConnect Expert....

Problem:

Recently, I upgraded our View 4.6 environment to View 5.1. Since then I have been unable to recompose our pools with the new View Agent/VMware tools due to the users getting this error:

TPAutoConnectError.png

Users will still get their printer mapped, however, whenever tpautoconnect.exe -d or tpautoconnect -v is executed, this error will present itself.

Because of this, I have been unable to recompose any pre-existing pool. As well, if I create a new ParentVM from scratch, install the latest Agent/Tools, I still get this error. Literally.... Anything I try, I get this error.

Things I have done:

1. Opened a ticket with VMware #12204423707
    1. They took a look at the issue via WebEx and since TPAutoConnect is owned by Cortado, they escalated the ticket to Cortado. We generated .dmp files for their review.
    2. Cortado looked at the .dmp files and came to the resolution that this is a PCoIP issue.
    3. As a result, VMware escalated the ticket to Teradici. We generated a new log bundle for their review (we're still waiting to hear back).
  2. I have tested and confirmed that this issue only presents itself if I connect to a VM with PCoIP, RDP seems to work fine.
  3. This is the error that get's thrown to the Windows Event Viewer:   EventViewerTPAutoConnect.png
  4. I am also getting some WMI errors, I'm including here just in case it is related:EventViewerWMI.png
  5. I've attached debug-2012-08-13-084818.txt
    1. Notice the multiple lines that state: "User 'PHSOR\detest01' not authorized (not local admin), queue=PCoIPVChan-SERVER, hint=MESSAGE_IPC". If I manually execute tpautoconnect -v or -d, the debug log will get this message spammed.
  6. I've also attatched pcoip_server_2012_08_16_00000604.txt just because I know someone is going to ask for it...

I'm at a total loss here. This issue has HORRIBLE timing because it's holding up a 1,000 seat pilot of VMware View.

I'm willing to take direct calls on this issue if you think you can help!

Thanks,

Pete Mickelonis

0 Kudos
0 Replies