VMware Horizon Community
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I need Help configuring the Data base for my View Composer and the Connection Server

Hi  Guys  Please let me know    if  you  guys  can help  me to  configure  my  data   base  and  my  Event  data  base  for  both  servers

I will  provide  a donation for  this  help  thanks.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks  Andre  fro your  prompt  response?  Do  I need  to  installed  Sql  express  at  both  servers  at  the  composer  and the connection  server   before  I setup  the OBDC  data  source  and  the  event    database.

Perhaps  we can do  team  viewer  and  you can help  me to setup please  this is  my  email  charlieppr777@gmail.com

Thank   you!!!

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Assuming SQL Server Express is sufficient for the size of your environment, you may install it on the Composer server (in case this is a dedicated server, i.e. not installed with vCenter Server). I recently setup a small environment for Horizon View 6.22 with SQL Server Express 2014 on Windows 2012 R2. In order to be able to access the Event database from the Connection Server(s), you will have to enable TCP/IP Networking, and configure a fixed port (e.g. 1433).

André

0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks  for  the  Information   Andre  it  seems  that  you  have  good  experience  in this type  of configuration : 

By the  Way  my  Vcenter Server   is on a  Server  2012 I already installed  the  SQL express   and  I want to  add  my  View composer  on the  same  server  but I need  help  setting  up  my  database  and  also  on  my other  Server 2012   I  have  my Connection  server  Do  I need  to  install  Sql  express  as well?

and I  need  help  setting  up the  event  database  for  both  servers?

Can you please  help  me  Via  TeamViewer  Andre ?   you can also reach  me  by  email  at charlieppr777@gmail.com

Thanks !!!!

0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Andre : Do  I need  to install the SQL  for both  servers   to  setup the  Database  please let me know thanks.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

A single SQL server on the composer server will do (see my previous post).

André

0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks  Andre  :  I  finally  I was able  to  setup  my  Sql  database  successfully;  and  I  installed  view composer  and  configured  with  my  Vcenter server

then  I went  to the  connection server  and  trying  to  edit  My Event  database  but  is not synchronizing   correctly  can  you  please  provide me  an advise  how to fix  the problem  thanks!!!!

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Assuming you installed SQL Server Express on the Composer server, and used the "vcmpuser" account for the Composer database, then I'd suggest you go the easy way with the View Events database, using the same user as for the composer database.

• create a new database "ViewEvents" on the SQL Server and make the "vcmpuser" the owner of the database.
  • set the SQL Browser Service to "Automatic" and start it
  • using the SQL Server Configuration Manager
    - enable "TCP/IP" under "SQL Server Network Configuration -> "Protocols for SQLEXPRESS"
    - open the "TCP/IP" properties, and switch to the "IP Addresses" tab
    - set "Enabled" for the entry with the server's IP address to "Yes", delete the dynamic port and set the "TCP Port" port to "1433"
  • save the settings and restart the SQL Server services

Now you should be able to configure the View Events settings on the Connection server

André

0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Great  thanks  for  the info it  works   all  set..

Can you please let me know how to find the  Connection  Server  FQDN  name   is asking   me when I   install

The  horizon View  Client  ?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Can you please let me know how to find the  Connection  Server  FQDN  name ...

It's the FQDN of the server on which you installed the Connection Server component, e.g. conn-srv.your-domain.local.

André

0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks  Andre   got it  all  set  you are  the best!!!

0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Andre  Im sorry  to  bother  you  after  I created  my  linkedclone pools

Im  still unable  to connect  using  the  horizon view  Client

I use   as  FQDN  : cserver-vmlab.local  and  keep  saying  unable to reach the hostIMG_20160409_163839243.jpg

0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

IMG_20160409_171641569 (1).jpg

0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Andre please advise  thanks!!

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I use   as  FQDN  : cserver-vmlab.local ...

Assuming this (the dash) is a typo and you are actually connecting to cserver.vmlab.local, please check whether the name resolution works - by running nslookup cserver.vmlab.local from the Client - , verify that all the VMware Horizon services are up and running on the connection server, and that the View Agent is running on the clones.

In case you cannot make this work, please clarify which issues you see, i.e. don't you see the pool in the View Client at all, or do you see the pool, but cannot connect to the desktop.

André

0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Andre  thanks  again  for your  help  and  support;  Im  sorry  to  bother  you  but  i was able  to  connect  using  the  horizon view  client using the   IP  instead  the FQDN

I checked  Nslookup  i didnt  find No errors  but  when  I  try to  login  with  my  2 admin  accounts that  I created  I still  can't  access to  the  desktop  pool

Please  advise  thanks!!!horizon  error.PNG

0 Kudos
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Can you ping -a cserver.vmlab.local and get correct return IP?

Mike_A
0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I  only  get  a response  when i  Ping  by the  Ip ?

0 Kudos
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

IT sounds like your DNS is not configured correctly for that system or vLAN.

Mike_A
0 Kudos