VMware Horizon Community
Dubgf
Contributor
Contributor

I have to reboot the VDM server

Hi everyone,

I have an issues were by the VDM server requires a reboot almost on a daily basis. We have implemented a pilot of VDM using Wyse terminals.

On the VDM server I am seeing the VMware VDM Connection Server service stops a number of hours before the users have the connectivity issues. I tried toset this to restart if it fails, no luck though.

I am also seeing this message in the VDM log files,

18:48:28,589 FATAL <920> The JVM has aborted.

18:48:28,729 INFO The VDM Broker subsystem has stopped

18:48:28,729 ERROR The service 'tomcatService' has failed and is marked as critical, shutting down

I have looked through the forums and seen a post about java environment variables, and copying a file to a certain location, I have checked this and it this does not apply to me.

Also, the ESX server is not patched, should this be patched to the latest version? I am using ESX 3.5 and VC 2.5.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Gary

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

Hi Gary,

Is this VDM 2.0 or 2.1? Are there any more error messages reported above the FATAL error? Perhaps you could attach a full log file.

0 Kudos
Dubgf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have the application (esx and VDM) in evaluation mode, could this be the cause? I hope not :smileyshocked:

Its 2.1.0 build-596. See the attached logs, I hope these are the correct ones...

16:51:50,505 INFO User xxxxx logged off from VM client0254vm. for desktop temp - session allocated at 23 June 2008 16:31:05 BST, connected for 20 mins 23 secs

18:48:28,589 FATAL <920> The JVM has aborted.

18:48:28,729 INFO The VDM Broker subsystem has stopped

18:48:28,729 ERROR The service 'tomcatService' has failed and is marked as critical, shutting down

18:48:28,760 INFO Node Manager received shutdown signal

18:48:28,776 INFO The VMware VDM System Service is shutting down

18:48:29,339 INFO The VDM Security Server subsystem has stopped

18:48:29,385 INFO The VDM Message Bus subsystem has stopped

18:48:39,464 INFO The VMware VDM System Service has stopped

Thanks for your help. If you need any more info let me know.

Gary

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander

No, an evaluation license should not have any effect on the running of the software while within the time period, and would not shut down the service even if it was not valid. Are there no logs between 16:51 and 18:48? If not you may need to turn on extra logging to get additional information as to the cause. You can turn on debug logging from the start menu shortcut.

0 Kudos
Dubgf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

No there is no other entries between 16:51 and 18:48. I will enable debug logging. If and when this happens again, I will post it back up here.

Thanks for your help so far,

Gary

0 Kudos