VMware Horizon Community
zhagen
Contributor
Contributor

I have a question about some features in Horizon View and if it can do the following tasks.

I have a question about some features in Horizon View and if it can do the following tasks.

Basically we need zero client (maybe HTML5?) multi-monitor VDI access for 8 to 12 users without using the guest OS IP stack (as if the guest had no IP).

Here are the details of what we're trying to determine:

1) We want our field engineers to start using persistent multi-monitor VDI instances via SSL through your VDI connection server/proxy.

2) Sometimes we have to VPN out to a customer network to do support and the customer's remote access denies split tunneling so we cannot have the VDI instance guest OS protocol stack talking to our network while VPNed into the customer.

3) Basically need "console" access to the VDI instance or need to talk to it in some way (IPv6 from the connection server?) to get to that desktop that the VPN client doesn't block. Running a nested VM to get console sounds like it would be unsupported and/or sad performance.

4) We're a VMware vSphere 5.x Essentials shop running NFS off a QNAP SAN.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi @zhagen

Basically we need zero client (maybe HTML5?) multi-monitor VDI access for 8 to 12 users without using the guest OS IP stack (as if the guest had no IP).

Horizon View 5.3 HTML-access does not support multimonitor

1) We want our field engineers to start using persistent multi-monitor VDI instances via SSL through your VDI connection server/proxy.

That should work fine with Horizon View 5.3

2) Sometimes we have to VPN out to a customer network to do support and the customer's remote access denies split tunneling so we cannot have the VDI instance guest OS protocol stack talking to our network while VPNed into the customer.

That will be difficult to solve.

3) Basically need "console" access to the VDI instance or need to talk to it in some way (IPv6 from the connection server?) to get to that desktop that the VPN client doesn't block. Running a nested VM to get console sounds like it would be unsupported and/or sad performance.

Not possible using Horizon View and PCoIP. Maybe use VMware Workstation and connect it to the ESX and attach to the VM-console without the need to have connectivity to the guest?

4) We're a VMware vSphere 5.x Essentials shop running NFS off a QNAP SAN.

Should work fine.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
zhagen
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks I really was hoping this would all be doable

0 Kudos