VMware Horizon Community
suzie002
Contributor
Contributor

I am using a mac to work from home, logging in remotely using VMWare Horizon but can not get the microphone to connect when using Zoom

I am using a mac to work from home, logging in remotely to Windows using VMWare Horizon but can not get the microphone to connect when using Zoom

Can anyone help please.

Using WMWare Client to log into work remotely (WINDOWS). Trying to use zoom for meetings but not connecting to the microphone. Request not being made to or recognised by IOS - not sure which one of those. Just know that when checking the microphone permissions in Privacy there are no apps showing as requesting access.

Can anyone help please?

2 Replies
mohamed_abdelaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear Suzie,

make sure that you select Real-Time Audio-Video feature while installing Horizon agent

0 Kudos
LyleMagdalinski
Contributor
Contributor

I have similar issues.  From MacOS (View Client 5.1), connecting to RDSH (Windows Server 2012R2) and running RDP.  Then connecting to internal Windows 10 physical desktop.  Analog microphone does not work in the target Windows 10 desktop.

This does work if i connect from a Windows 10 laptop, running View Client 5.4, so does not seem to be an issue with RDSH Agent not having RTAV option selected (connecting to same RDSH as MacOS).

I also have reports of users getting a locked W2K12R2 screen when the attempting to passthru the mic from MacOS.  For myself, did not see this, just no microphone.  I am able to hear sounds from the Windows 10 remote desktop session ...

0 Kudos