VMware Horizon Community
HermiM88
Contributor
Contributor

Hybrid Azure AD join fails (instant clone with app stack and writable volume)

Hi,

Some information about our VDI environment :
VMware horizon 8.8.0 build - 21073894 (2212)
APP VOLUMES 4, VERSION 2212 (4.9.0.41)

We have couple non-persistent VM pools (instant clone). on one of them we are using UIA Writable volume to provide persistence to some users who needs to keep some application settings and some data (when a WV is attached and during first utilisation users are using a script to configure a development environment which will copy files and folders to C:\<folder name>.). All pools have hybrid Azure AD join working just fine except the one with writable volume. Disabling the WV, so it will not get attached during instant clone VM startup (since it is assigned per computer not per user), caused the same VM to be hybrid Azure AD joined.
Please note that I am checking hybrid AAD join status by using dsregcmd.exe /status
Please be aware that VMS within the affected pool have one application package, one UIA WV and FSLogix profile container attached to them. As described above the issue is not showing up when the application package and FSLogix profile container is attached (without UIA WV)
I have been trying to troubleshoot the issue since couple days and I am really stuck right now and your support is more than needed. I don't understand what's going to be redirected to the writable volumes which can cause hybrid AAD join to fail.
0 Kudos
0 Replies