VMware Horizon Community
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How to switch a pool from sysprep to Quickprep?

I have a linked-clone pool currently using sysprep, but sysprep is completely broken on the master image for some unknown reason. I would rather just get rid of sysprep than rebuild the master, but I don't see a way to switch the pool to quickprep. Is there any way around this? If it can't be done from the GUI, is there a hidden setting somewhere that can make that change?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Its one of the things that you can't change, you'll need to make another pool, and swap users over. You can get it up and running and then remove  users from the old  pool and add them to the new one, this won't kick anyone unless you want to, so you can wait till they logout and remove the old pool

MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How can I do it seamlessly? The users have persistent disks, so I assumed I'd have to detach and rebuild each user from their persistent disk in the new pool, right?

Edit: To answer my own question, yes I have to manually detach each persistent disk and recreate it in the new pool. It's a long and manual process (unless there is some way to do it quicker in Powershell)

0 Kudos