VMware Horizon Community
jeffaustin
Contributor
Contributor

How to re-point the VM Folder in View console manager

Within the VSphere console I'd like to move the logical folder where VM's are placed after they are composed. This is in an attempt to clean up our logical folder structure under VMs and Templates in VSphere. However, I also need to address this change in VMware View Console management for each associated pool to ensure the composing does not fail due to a mismatch of directory location of the logical folder.
How I can update the folder location in the pool without having to rebuild the pool?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeffaustin
Contributor
Contributor

Just ended a phone call with VMware Tech Support. This ability to edit an active pool's folder path in the View Console to match a desired move of that same logical folder in Vsphere is not available in the latest version and even the next version of View. For a dedicated full clone pool you must rebuild the pool as a manual pool and add the dedicated full clones to that pool with the new path or for a linked clone pool you must orphan the vm’s and then re-add them to a newly create pool with the new folder path. The folder path in a pool within the View Console is a one-time creation at the time of the pool’s creation.  So, the answer is to not move the folder in vSphere. Unfortunate...

0 Kudos
jeffaustin
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware Support Call answered this. The ability to do so is not quite there. A feature request is in order.