VMware Horizon Community
vitalsign0
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to migrate off of ProfileUnity and onto using Dedicated VMs with Persistent disks

How do I get the profile settings over to the Persistent Disk after logging into the VM with ProfileUnity installed? Seems to work fine but when I Recompose, I'm stuck with a new profile.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I think the first step would be to verify that your initial profile is being created on the persistent disk instead of under C:\users\%username%

0 Kudos
vitalsign0
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It doesn't look like it. On the Persistent disk, W:, there is a folder called Personality and a bunch of profile SIDs listed that are all 8KB in size. No folder called Users. How do I get that created?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I'm not familiar with ProfileUnity only having seen it a couple of times over the years.  Is the personality folder a part of their profile?    What happens if you login with a non profile unity user that does not already have a profile on that VM? 

0 Kudos
dwigz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is a migration workflow.  The link to a LiquidWare kb below has step by step instructions.

https://liquidwarelabs.zendesk.com/entries/27627698-How-to-migrate-users-from-ProfileUnity-VDI-profi...

0 Kudos