VMware Horizon Community
LBBW
Contributor
Contributor

How to list a report of ALL user to VM assignments?

I know how to assign a user to a vm, remove a user from a vm, but HOW do you generate a report that shows:

Which user is assigned to wich vm, but for ALL USERS?

I cant find a cmdlet or vdmadin command to do this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You could click on the persistent disk tab in View Admin and then just export it with the export feature. 

0 Kudos
LBBW
Contributor
Contributor

I have to do this in powershell or at the command line.

Has to be scripted.

0 Kudos
tacticsbaby
Expert
Expert

How about building a short batch file based on the following command:

vdmadmin –R –i <machine_name>

You login to your connection server and you run that command. That will tell you who is assigned to what machine, if I am understanding your question. You could also look at this by username with vdmadmin –U –u DOMAIN\USERNAME. Again, the idea is to cycle through all your users or computers. The simplest case is just put either of these commands in a loop with you list of machines or users.

LBBW
Contributor
Contributor

So what if i dont know my machine names?

What id i dont know the user names?

How do you pull all the deployed desktop names, and then discover the users assigned?

(I see two commands here)

I have to create a dynamic script that outputs the user to Machine assignment for a DR script that re-assigns users to machine once we break replication and represent.

0 Kudos
tacticsbaby
Expert
Expert

First, I suggest you have a look at this thread: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/309468

This should give you more information. Seems as though others want to solve this as well. I really don't know how to answer what to do if you don't know your machine names. Are you putting them into any specific OUs in AD? If so then you could just use AD to give you a list of machines to feed into a script. As far as your users then perhaps you may also use AD to provide a list of entitled users. Are you grouping your View users and computers in AD? In any case I would recommend that you spend some time working with the View command line and you take a look at powercli as well. Please let me know if I am understanding your question. Thanks.

0 Kudos