VMware Horizon Community
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to install View5 client SSL certificate?

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to get the View 5 client SSL certificate installed on my Windows embedded thin client (hp t5740e WES7).

I've attached the options that I have when clicking the Show certificate button, but no option to install the certificate, and other options are grayed out.

Anyone know if I should use the Copy to File option, accept defaults, and manually copy to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
christhepocketg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cert is issued to viewsrv.viewlab.net

You are browsing to the IP.

They do not match !

Try browsing to the Name, and it should be happy, providing the name resolves in DNS

good luck

chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
christhepocketg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i *think* you need to browse to the site in Internet Explorer and install the certificate that way. You will probably need to log into the Thin Client as Administrator to allow it to be 'saved' so that it gets seen every time

Chris

romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Great idea!  I'll give it a try...

0 Kudos
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I tried it and able to install it (import) into my Trusted Root Certification Authorities for Local Computer and Registry (see attached pics).

Then added to Trusted Sites list.

It still warns me in IE when going to the View website http://<ipaddress> and shows an error when trying to connect (see attached pic).

I am not all that great with certificates in general, but I noticed that the Issued to: and issue by: fields are both set to my View connection server.

I guess I was thinking that Issued to: would be my thin client host name or something.

This client is a thin client not a member of my domain.  I wonder if that makes a difference in some way.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
christhepocketg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cert is issued to viewsrv.viewlab.net

You are browsing to the IP.

They do not match !

Try browsing to the Name, and it should be happy, providing the name resolves in DNS

good luck

chris

0 Kudos
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That was it!!!!!!!!  Thank you!!!!!!! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos