VMware Horizon Community
bdseymour
Contributor
Contributor

How to increase the flash quality in vmware view

Hello,

We have new environment with UCS and VMWare 5 with View 5. When I watch a video from flash on youtube or even Netflix the quality is fine until I go Full screen. Then it gets choppy and I was wondering how to set view to allow for best quality in regards to a specific pool.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Configure Adobe Flash Quality and Throttling

You can set Adobe Flash quality and throttling modes to reduce the amount of bandwidth that is used by Adobe Flash content in View desktops.

Familiarize yourself with Adobe Flash quality and throttling settings. See Adobe Flash Quality and Throttling.

In View Administrator, click Inventory > Pools.

Select a pool and click Edit.

Click the Pool Settings tab.

Select a quality mode from the Adobe Flash quality menu.

Select a throttling mode from the Adobe Flash throttling menu.

Click OK.

look options:

Adobe Flash Quality Settings

Quality Setting

Description

Do not control

Quality is determined by Web page settings.

Low

This setting results in the most bandwidth savings.

Medium

This setting results in moderate bandwidth savings.

High

This setting results in the least bandwidth savings.

If no maximum level of quality is specified, the system defaults to a value of Low.

Adobe Flash uses timer services to update what is shown on the screen at a given time. A typical Adobe Flash timer interval value is between 4 and 50 milliseconds. By throttling, or prolonging, the interval, you can reduce the frame rate and thereby reduce bandwidth.

Adobe Flash Throttling Settings shows the available Adobe Flash throttling settings.

Adobe Flash Throttling Settings

Throttling Setting

Description

Disabled

No throttling is performed. The timer interval is not modified.

Conservative

Timer interval is 100 milliseconds. This setting results in the lowest number of dropped frames.

Moderate

Timer interval is 500 milliseconds.

Aggressive

Timer interval is 2500 milliseconds. This setting results in the highest number of dropped frames.

Audio speed remains constant regardless of which throttling setting you select.

reference: http://pubs.vmware.com/view-50/index.jsp?topic=/com.vmware.view.administration.doc/GUID-CA203398-B7A...

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
amandasmith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

RDP is very bad to handle multimedia stream.

IMHO I suggest to move to PCoIP.

If you must use RDP, you must decrease the Flash quality and work with the trottle parameter.

But quality cannot be good (due to the nature of RDP).

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else
0 Kudos