VMware Horizon Community
chrix22
Contributor
Contributor

How to fix the 'freeze screen' issue on Mac (VM Ware)

I have been trying several version of VM Vare for Mac and using the Windows 10 vitualization desk, I am always facing a "freeze" of 5 to 7 seconds while I am working.

It is super irritating and I can't find the solution, I am using a MacBook with 8Go RAM, 1.2G processor and all apps are working well withing WIn10. Except this freezing stuff coming from nowhere...

Any solution?

thanks

Chris

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: By "VM Vare for Mac" I think you mean the VMware Fusion product, so I've moved your thread to that area.

It would be helpful for others to understand the MacOS version and Fusion version at a minimum to be able to help you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
chrix22
Contributor
Contributor

Sure thing Scott.

Mac OS: Catalina 10.15.4

VM Horizon 5.4.2

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So you're NOT running the Windows VM locally on your Mac, but you ARE accessing the Windows VM remotely with the Horizon client?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
chrix22
Contributor
Contributor

That is correct.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In which case I'm moving this thread to the Horizon area.

Presumably you are the Horizon administrator?

I cannot personally help you, hopefully others here can.

0 Kudos
chrix22
Contributor
Contributor

No I am not the admin. Kindly redirect me to the right thread.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

You should contact the people that manage the horizon environment, its possible that the " am always facing a "freeze" of 5 to 7 seconds while " could be expected but unintential if they have hardware graphics cards in the virtual desktops and your virtual desktop moves from one physical host to another. On your end there is limited that can cause freezes other than your internet signal cutting out, which could be possible as well.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As per the reply above this, your first port of call should be to whoever administrates and supports your Horizon environment.

0 Kudos