VMware Horizon Community
orgilplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to create a cluster?

I am setting up the new Horizon 7.

While I am trying to add a desktop pool/farm it asks cluster... But I don't have cluster. How do I add this feature?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

If you are talking about 'Cluster' option while creating the desktop pool below,you need to select the vCenter Server cluster for the desktop VMs. Under this cluster all the VDIs will be provisioned. If you don't have any cluster in vcenter, you need to first create one and add your hosts under that:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Details of all the options while creating a desktop pool can be found here Worksheet for Creating an Instant-Clone Desktop Pool in Horizon Console

Mark the post as helpful/answered if it helps you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

If you are talking about 'Cluster' option while creating the desktop pool below,you need to select the vCenter Server cluster for the desktop VMs. Under this cluster all the VDIs will be provisioned. If you don't have any cluster in vcenter, you need to first create one and add your hosts under that:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Details of all the options while creating a desktop pool can be found here Worksheet for Creating an Instant-Clone Desktop Pool in Horizon Console

Mark the post as helpful/answered if it helps you.

0 Kudos