VMware Horizon Community
deployer
Contributor
Contributor

How to connect a smartphone to a virtual desktop

Hey,

I'm just testing VMware View in our company! Now we want to connect an IPhone to a virtual Desktop. Can someone help us how to do that?! With my IPhone i enter the browser and type in the address of our View Connection Server. So far, it worked fine. It opens the View Portal but I get an error message: Java missing or something like that.

I want to know if it is possible to connect the iphone to the VM?

Please help me... Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
6 Replies
kfanta
Contributor
Contributor

At this point it is not possible. I know they are working on this, but you most likely will not see something until 2010.

You can manage your View from the iPhone via an app.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
amslife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wyse has an iPhone View client available in the Apple App Store. They demoed it at VMWorld this year--only ~$20 as of this reply.

0 Kudos
brad_ault
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone used the Wyse PocketCloud yet? The Apple store has it with a 4 start rating. The price is now 29.99.

0 Kudos
Lee_Collison
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have only seen the demo, I have a Windows Mobile device so I can not test this out.

-

Lee Collison

VCP - Enterprise Desktop

------ Lee Collison VCP - Enterprise Desktop
0 Kudos
jkatz71
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I use PocketCloud to connect to my View 3.1.1 desktop. Works great over 3G and WiFi. This is assuming that you have a View server (with tunnelling on) facing out of your firewall.

-jonathan

-jonathan
0 Kudos
hmartin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have also used PocketCloud with both v3.0.0 and v3.1.2 of VMware View. I've also used it with direct RDP connections. It works well and the mouse is a big improvement over other RDP clients (iPhone or otherwise). The Thin Browser feature is also nice.

0 Kudos