VMware Horizon Community
MTokarev
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to add transfer server component.

Hello!

I`ve installed VMWAre connection server with full pack of components, but when i make installation my SCSI adapter worked in SAS mode, and how i understood  transfer server did not install to the server.

Now I`ve converted my SCSI controller from SAS mode to Parallel, but i don`t know how i can add transfer component because when i run setup file or open Add\remove programm only "remove" option is available.

Could you please help me with this question, how i can add transfer server component to my existing view connectionserver without reinstallation?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dvhorvath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think maybe I understand what's going on here, but please correct me if I'm wrong. The Transfer Server should be a completely separate virtual server in your vCenter. I'm having some trouble reading between the lines to understand exactly what you're getting at, so please understand that I don't mean to offend you if I'm asking questions that seem insulting.

I see from one of your screen captures that you have a VMware View Connection Server installed. Is that the same system you're trying to add as a Transfer Server, or have you created a second server with an LSI Parallel controller to act as your Transfer Server? It should be a second, dedicated system. And when you install the Connection Server software on the Transfer Server, I'm assuming you chose Transfer Server as the installation type, correct?

Dave

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Choose remove and do a new install.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
MTokarev
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

how about my existing configuration (certificates) and desktop pools?

0 Kudos
dvhorvath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

All of your existing configuration items will be stored in the ADAM, Composer and vCenter databases. You can safely uninstall the View Connection Server software from your Transfer server to perform a new installation without affecting your existing configuration items. This assumes that you have an existing Connection Server (installed as a Standard connection server) in place already, which I assume you do if you're installing a Transfer Server. Please let me know if my assumptions are incorrect.

Dave

MTokarev
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for reply,

I removed and install again vmware view. Now without any errors, but unfortunately i still can`t add my transfer server, and i can`t see any transfer server services in services.msc.

0 Kudos
dvhorvath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think maybe I understand what's going on here, but please correct me if I'm wrong. The Transfer Server should be a completely separate virtual server in your vCenter. I'm having some trouble reading between the lines to understand exactly what you're getting at, so please understand that I don't mean to offend you if I'm asking questions that seem insulting.

I see from one of your screen captures that you have a VMware View Connection Server installed. Is that the same system you're trying to add as a Transfer Server, or have you created a second server with an LSI Parallel controller to act as your Transfer Server? It should be a second, dedicated system. And when you install the Connection Server software on the Transfer Server, I'm assuming you chose Transfer Server as the installation type, correct?

Dave

0 Kudos
MTokarev
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you!

I didn`t know that i can`t install transfer server together with connection server!

0 Kudos