VMware Horizon Community
novell1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to Deploy a new Snapshot to Instant Clone Pool in Horizon 8

Hi, I did install on new test environment with vSphere7u1 Horizon8. The first time I use Instant Clone, its working with the first created Snapshot. After setting up with more Windows applications on the win10 master, i did a new snapshot. In the Horizon manager poolsettings i can't change the old snapshot to the new snapshot2. It says: Please use the Maintenance Wizard. I did not found those wizard... to change to the new snapshot.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

werner

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Click the "Maintain" drop down, select "Schedule" and then it is pretty much is the same wizard as compose was. At least this is how it looks in 7.13. When I first changed to Instant Clones I was  a bit puzzled as well. I don't think that "Maintain" is a great word to use for pushing out a new image.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JesperA89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You need to publish the new snapshot.
Check this page and see if you can figure it out: https://www.carlstalhood.com/vmware-horizon-8-virtual-desktop-pools/#updatepool

0 Kudos
novell1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi JesperA89,

thanks, but I installed some new applications and made a new (second) snapshot. In Horizon 8 I canüt change to the new snapshot. This was no problem with the older versions (with composer). I don't find the maintenance wizard....

Thanks, and have a good happy new year and stay healthy!

WernerHorizon8_New Snapshot.jpg

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can't edit it, you have to use the push image option, its the same in the end.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-7/7.1/com.vmware.horizon-view.administration.doc/GUID-65D4...

BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Click the "Maintain" drop down, select "Schedule" and then it is pretty much is the same wizard as compose was. At least this is how it looks in 7.13. When I first changed to Instant Clones I was  a bit puzzled as well. I don't think that "Maintain" is a great word to use for pushing out a new image.

novell1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks to all for the answer! I am now a small step further...

0 Kudos