VMware Horizon Community
SyApps
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How necessary is a graphics card for Horizon View?

I'm wondering how important it really is for a graphics card to help with graphics using Horizon. None of my customers will be using graphics intensive software, such as games or CAD. With that said, will the experience be much like a laptop experience to customers, with no special graphics but things are ok overall?

Always a big thanks to the community in advance! Dan Lee
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Its not needed unless you have specific needs for 3D applications and 3D rendering.

Even without and GPU:s you can provide some basic 3D functionality with Software CPU Rendering.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Its not needed unless you have specific needs for 3D applications and 3D rendering.

Even without and GPU:s you can provide some basic 3D functionality with Software CPU Rendering.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
SyApps
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. I was reading the guide, and although the general instructions noted it was optional, they went at length to discuss how to set it up and didn't mention how beneficial it was. Thanks!

Always a big thanks to the community in advance! Dan Lee
0 Kudos