VMware Horizon Community
Aegis
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How many SSL Certificates for VDM Servers

Hi All,

Anyone have any suggestions as to how many unique SSL certificates i would need for our Virtual desktop environment consisting of 4 Connection servers. These are:

2 x VDM Connection Server in the LAN. As well as their own hostname they share a load-balanced name in DNS.

2 x VDM security Server in the DMZ. Again, share a load-balanced hostname in DNS which users connect to from the internet.

My question is, as the users only initiate the connection to the load balanced addresses, do i only need an SSL certificate for these two load-balanced names, or do i need a unique certificate for each server hostname?? Or alternatively, do i need one for each possible hostname i.e. 6?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You would only need a certificate for each unique FQDN that users will be using to connect to. You will have to place these certificates on each host participating in the pool of load balanced servers.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You would only need a certificate for each unique FQDN that users will be using to connect to. You will have to place these certificates on each host participating in the pool of load balanced servers.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
Aegis
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Makes sense to me. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos