yh412
Contributor
Contributor

How does Horizon Clien work?

How does Horizon Clien work?

1. Start Horizon Client.
2.Add connection server information.
3.Connect to the virtual machine.
4.Log out of the virtual machine session.
5.The Horizon Client screen appears.

→Under normal circumstances, the screen displayed will show the desktop pool.

<This is the point of my question.
At this time, we would like to be able to display the connection server added in item 2 instead of the desktop pool.

*After item #4, I can log out of the Horizon Client to display the desired screen, but I want to omit the logout operation.
After logging out of the virtual machine session, I want to continue to "automatically log out of the Horizon Client".

Do you know of a way to achieve this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Campos69
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Horizon Client app communicates with the View Connection Server, which acts as a broker between the client device and View desktops. Users enter credentials into Horizon Client and the View Connection Server authenticates them and then finds their virtual desktops. My HT Space

0 Kudos
yh412
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Campos69.

Since communication with the Connection Server is established in item 2, the Connection Server retains authentication even after the connected virtual desktop ends communication, so Horizon Client continues to display the desktop pool.

Therefore, the answer to my question is "I can't because of the mechanism" Is this correct?

0 Kudos
8islas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello;

The operation is correct.

First:

Disconnect the application or session and so you can connect to another published one, otherwise you would have to log in again.

Second:

To disconnect from a server, click the Disconnect from this server icon in the upper-left corner of the Horizon Client window.

Disconnecting From a Server (vmware.com)

Even so, the client horizon will remain open if this is your question. This is by design.

Possible workarounds:

From the client side, the disconnection is easier to detect and control as you can see here on this blog.

A scheduled task can be created and when it detects idle time, it should close the connection. This closing of the connection can be done the hard way by using Taskkill to kill the VMware View client process called wswc.exe. Once one dies, the session is automatically disconnected. The command for this would be Taskkill /im wswc.exe and could be entered on the same line as above in the task scheduler in the action pane. This is the easiest way, but it will only work on a Windows client.

Here is the link:

https://robbeekmans.net/uncategorized/disconnect-vmwareview-vdi-session/

0 Kudos
yh412
Contributor
Contributor

Hello; 8islas 

Thank you for the information.

You have helped me solve the problem.