VMware Horizon Community
DomZen
Contributor
Contributor

How do i get 5120 x 1440 to display properly without looking blurry

Hello, i have a 5120 x 1440 (Samsung G9 32:9) display and when i choose automatic display settings it does not display the correct resolution. Is this something that the client does not support? Sometimes i can use the MDP option and that will display the correct resolution but it does not connect 100% of the time. Im currently using the latest version of VMware Horizon Blast 2103 with Win10

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum but finding help/support for this issue is not easy 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

This is more on the virtual desktop and infrastructure side, it depends on the version of horizon used, if there are phyiscal graphics cards, and how the vm is setup. Horizon in the latest versions are supposed to support up to 2 8k monitors if certain conditions are met.

0 Kudos
DomZen
Contributor
Contributor

I should clear things up a bit. I am remoting into a physical machine in my office. There are video cards involved and im sure we are using the latest VMware Blast.

0 Kudos
DomZen
Contributor
Contributor

Would someone physically setting my office PC resolution maybe fix this issue?  

0 Kudos
YunYiQun
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I consulted the display expert Douglas. He hasn't an account yet, but he did give me his comments:

"

A connection to physical machine is a remote connection so the actual setting on the physical monitor would typically not matter. This though does depend on the Windows version, could you share the Windows build version? Just to clarify you mentioned MDP do you mean RDP? A connection using Blast protocol would utilize Horizon display driver which is able to support the wider resolution requested.

"

0 Kudos
DomZen
Contributor
Contributor

Yes RDP sorry for the confusion

As far as version of windows is that on the remote or local PC?

Remote Desktop is 1909 and Local is 21H1

0 Kudos