VMware Horizon Community
Nick8686
Contributor
Contributor

How do I connect a VM that is Disconnected?

Hello Everyone,

I have a VM that shows in vSphere that it is connected but when I go to the admin it shows disconnected. How do I connect this one back up? It is on 5.5 as well. Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

"I have a VM that shows in vSphere that it is connected but when I go to the admin it shows disconnected."

I assume this is about the network connection!? Please clarify where exactly it shows as disconnected, and provide some details about the network configuration (virtual as well as physical).

André

0 Kudos
Nick8686
Contributor
Contributor

It shows it is disconnected when I log in to the View administrator and click on the persons name. Under session state it shows disconnected. What will happen if I click "reset virtual machine"?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

What you can do is to either logoff the user gracefully or just reset the session, which according to VMware View 5.0 Documentation Center "Shuts down the desktop and restarts the session without a graceful logoff and disconnection".

André

Note: Discussion moved from vSphere noobs  to VMware View

0 Kudos
Nick8686
Contributor
Contributor

I reset the desktop and it shows it is available now but when I go to launch the desktop it comes up as just a black screen and my pointer turns to a little dot. I tried restarting the desktop as well and it still does nothing.

0 Kudos