VMware Horizon Community
syncra
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How can I clear the history of Horizon Vew Connection?

Hi all, I need your help.

We would like to clear the connection server history whenever Horizon Client boot up.

Because many user connect their own dedicated vPC through several connection servers on the one Physical PC (Windows ToGo).

So we don't want to show other user's history that is annoying and make confusion.

I googled on it, but I couldn't find any idea.

But I found following KB that indicates how to clear the history from vSphere Client.

I hope Horizon Client have same solution like this.

Removing recent connections from the vSphere Client vSphere Client IP address/ Name dropdown (1032988)

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=10329...

Could you please give me your advice?

I appriciate any idea.

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Kaori

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
syncra
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply, grossag!

VMware support answed that this way is not supportable officially as you mentioned.
They also said that some similar cases exists at other customers.
So I made bat file that replaces "prefs.txt" before execute Horizon Client then tested it.

It looks good.
But I will test it more.

Regards, Kaori

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
syncra
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just I found this "prefs.txt" file that is recorded recent connection information (IP address, UserID etc.).

file path:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\VMware\VMware Horizon View Client\prefs.txt

This is a clue, but I'm not confirm that I can realize my purpose by modifing "prefs.txt" file.

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You could delete the prefs.txt after View Client close but it will leave dangling file extensions registered.  If you wanted those to be cleaned up, you would need to also run the undocumented "vmware-view.exe -uninstall" command-line option.

Past that, I can't think of any officially-supported way to do this.  I would recommend against trying to parse and modify prefs.txt.

0 Kudos
syncra
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply, grossag!

VMware support answed that this way is not supportable officially as you mentioned.
They also said that some similar cases exists at other customers.
So I made bat file that replaces "prefs.txt" before execute Horizon Client then tested it.

It looks good.
But I will test it more.

Regards, Kaori

0 Kudos