VMware Horizon Community
qwer11121
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How can I change the Driver letter of Disposable Disk?

I have some problem with system disposable disk, the drive letter always G. Can I change it to a different letter like H?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Check out this KB. http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1030108

0 Kudos
cprawitz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Use that ^^^^ . I just had same problem and this fixed it for me without issue. You will have to re-provision of course after making the change.

0 Kudos
Hitu201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can change the drive assignment by going into the ADAM database and change it but this is becoming a pain in my behind. Everytime I click on the edit tab of any of the pool from View Administartor and click ok even if i have not change any settings I have to go back and change the drive letter in ADAM for some odd reason it reverts back to *. and I would have to go in and change it to Q. This is pain for me becuase We have home driver which assign H as a driver letter. Is there any other way I can change the drive letter beside of going into ADAM database? I was reading  the fourm and VM Ware stated that In View Manager 4.6 and later releases, the User Profile disk may be configured and changed through the GUI in the pool settings. Is this has been done or they are still working on it. If anyone knows any better way of doing this please assist me or point me in right direction. Thank you all.

0 Kudos