VMware Horizon Community
mpjubbGaltec
Contributor
Contributor

How Well Does Adobe CS5 Work Over WAN?

Morning all,

We have a school customer  that wants to implement VDI.  Their only concern is how well will Adobe CS5 work over the WAN with PCOIP.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
fredmut
Contributor
Contributor

We have been running it for several months with no issues.

0 Kudos
tacticsbaby
Expert
Expert

How much bandwidth do you have at each end of the WAN and how many users will you have at a time? A nice aspect of PCoIP is how it performs with high bandwidth.

0 Kudos
fredmut
Contributor
Contributor

We only have about a dozen users that use CS5, but they are split between onsite (1 Gb switched) and users that come in over our WAN links.  We have 500mbs fiber into the building buth they varry from T1 speeds up to 10mbs, but most are closer to the T1 speed.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need any more information.

tacticsbaby
Expert
Expert

You should have a decent experience. I have seen people get by with less. If your users have cable connections at their homes that is better, but even most DSL will be ok. Good luck and please let us all know how it works out for you. For more info on PCoIP try this doc:

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/VMware-View4-PCoIP-IG-EN.pdf

mpjubbGaltec
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks all for your replies

0 Kudos
marshalmatador
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

01-Jul-2011 09:15                                          in response to:                                      fredmut Re: How Well Does Adobe CS5 Work Over WAN?

You  should have a decent experience. I have seen people get by with less.  If your users have cable connections at their homes that is better, but  even most DSL will be ok. Good luck and please let us all know how it  works out for you. For more info on PCoIP try this doc:

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/VMware-View4-PCoIP-IG-EN.pdf

Thanks a lot, that is a really helpful link! I learnt a lot!!

0 Kudos