VMware Horizon Community
pramodrk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How Horizon View Desktops Access Offline

We have virtualized our IT infrastructure (Server and Desktop) with VMware ESXi 6.5, vCenter 6.5, Horizon View 7.3 etc. Currently we need to provide the horizon view desktops offline access to our Roaming Users.

Earlier VMware view had a feature called Local Mode through which users can access the Desktop even if they were working offline. Now vmware had discarded this product.

Can anybody suggest or point the alternative product for View Local Mode? or How we can access the View Desktops offline? We have tested the Horizon Flex, but it is not supporting Horizon View Desktops.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert

This is likely a question for your sales rep and their presales system engineers.   They can likely provide a solution that can resemble what local mode used to do or so they do not have anything.

This way you'll get the correct answer and won't have to wait for the community which may or may not have the answer.   I personally do not have the answer, but if you do come across the answer please do share it with the rest of us.

Thanks,

Larry

0 Kudos
pramodrk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear Larry,

Thanks for the suggestion.

In fact, since last 6 months, we are searching for it and during this period, we have contacted several experts including VMware where we have a SAID. But unfortunately, nobody could point a product or feature and we could not hear a final word from vmware yet.

Hence I thought, posting here may help  to get some ideas if anybody in the community is aware of such features.

0 Kudos
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert

I hope someone does have some insight.   Some VMWare employee's are active members on the forums and there are a few in the EUC group here.   Hopefully they'll chime in and give you some guidance on the matter.

Thanks,

Larry B.

0 Kudos
smith_ll
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you ever find anything else out about this?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

If you go through the release notes of each horizon version, I don't know which one I think it was pre 7.x versions, I could swear the deprecated and removed the local mode feature. It required a special connection server. Horizon Flex I think was the other way, but that was the end of life June of this year I believe. The only thing you may want to look into is Workspace UEM(Not the newly renamed DEM product)/ Airwatch which may let you do something, but I'm not faimilar enough with those products to know.

0 Kudos