VMware Horizon Community
voelk01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon (with View) 6.0 Upgrade Question - License

We are currently running VMware Horizon View 5.3.2 with a current maintenance / support contract with VMware.  Does this license allow us to upgrade to VMware Horizon (with View) 6.0?  With the different terminology and different product categories, I wanted to make sure.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DJLO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Someone from VMware said no when i asked the same question, then someone else posted in my thread that he upgraded 5.3 to 6.0 and it took his keys.

VMware probably just wants you to spend more money.  I'm going to do this in my staging environment this weekend (upgrade 5.3.1 to 6.0).  I'll post back my findings.  I'm pretty sure it would work especially since someone else has already tried it

voelk01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you DJLO. I am interested in what results you will get.

0 Kudos
voelk01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DJLO, any results with your recent View upgrade?

0 Kudos
chulerico
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just did it in one my environments, 5.x premier was able to upgrade to view 6.x standard from the my vmware portal.

Sam

0 Kudos
Leon_Kan_Li1
Contributor
Contributor

Apart from the view upgrade itself, does it allow you to work with other horizon 6.0 new features e.g. app publish/access and other horizon 6.0 component e.g. workspace / SAML?

0 Kudos
DJLO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

I'm sorry I did not get a chance to test this yet.  Our maintenance last weekend took far longer than anticipated and left me with little time to play..  I anticipate being able to upgrade my staging copy of View this coming weekend.  I too am curious to see what will transfer over with the license.  I will try and post an update as soon as i can

0 Kudos