VMware Horizon Community
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon view/web client disconnect immediately after logon

Hello

I am running Horizon view 7.4 , every time when I launch the virtual desktop , I am getting the windows screen after that immediately getting disconnected , I have even tried both from web client as well as Horiozn client also both are having issues...

9 Replies
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am logging in to VDI Desktop via vSphere web console  with VDIUSER, after logging in I can see welcome to windows screen within 3-5 sec it's log me out.  If I login again I get windows welcome screen!

How do I troubleshoot this kind of issues.. ?

0 Kudos
maharajan_be
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you manage user profiles through UEM. Please check if the user is having access to the UEM configuration and Profile-Archive share.

TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If your accessing the VDI desktop from the vSphere console and it still logs you out. It likely is an OS/and or group policy issues. You will need to review the system and application event logs. I would also further try to isolate the issue by logging in with a local account.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos
deep184
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We were having a similar issue after applying January’s Microsoft security updates. We had to revert back to an older snapshot while attempting to figure out exact issue. Please let me know if you find anything!

0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

check UEM and login monitor logs

it happened with me once and it was because of startup task from UEM , once i removed the task , im able to login

also applied group policy related to profile , try to disable polices and test

0 Kudos
deep184
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Already checked those out and if it was UEM reverting back to an older snapshot would have not resolved my issue. Not sure if this is the case for OP.

Thanks

0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

so what is the major change between the old snapshot and new snapshot?

can you check what was the windows build number for the new snapshot ?

0 Kudos
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have created a new image and install the agents by the following order

1. Created master image again

2. Performed OS optimization (VMware)

3. Installed VMware tools

4. Installed view agent

5. Installed UEM agent

6. Installed AppsVolume agent

7. created a instant clone pool

Tested again its working now.. don't know why it was not working earlier.. ? also informed the OS team not to apply any MS patches.

deep184
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same but we included December’s O/S updates will test January updates today.