VMware Horizon Community
alainap84
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon view events not loading

Hi everyone, I am using Horizon 6.2 and my event viewer is set to record events for the last 1 month. When I click on events it never loads. I read the article that says i may need to purge records on my sql database. I took over someone else's job and I do not have the password to log into our SQL server. The server the sql database is running on is 2008 R2. Its exremely slow and the CPU utilization is high. I believe the article that states adding an index to my sql database would help, but I don't know how to get logged in and run this command. Is there another way I can view the event logs? Or another way to get logged in to the database engine?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You could start syslog your connection servers to a remote syslog server or file. For View Events you are going to need some level of access to the SQL server to resolve this. Is the SQL server just running Events or does it also have Composer or other databases? If not and you don't need to retain the events you could always build a new server.

0 Kudos