VMware Horizon Community
mohamed_abdelaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon through the Internet

Dear Guys,

there is a way to limit some users form accessing there accounts from the Internet. Which means I will publish the web-interface to the internet BUT I need access only for some users and locally everyone.
Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mohamed_abdelaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ANY HELP ?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Please don’t use ALL CAPS in your posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mohamed_abdelaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

scott28tt​ noted!

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please take a look at Restricting Remote Desktop Access Outside the Network to see whether this is what you are looking for.

André

0 Kudos
GKOIDEXX
Contributor
Contributor

You could integrate your UAG's with SAML and restrict who can login through your IDP.

0 Kudos
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There is a somewhat-hidden setting that controls which users and groups are allowed through a remote access method (UAG, AP, SS). It can be found other Users and Groups > Remote Access.

Configure Remote Access

Please note that the moment you add someone to this, it blocks all others not on the list from connecting externally.

Edit: just realized this was already referenced in a previous post - feel free to give original poster (a.p.) credit for that.

-Nick

0 Kudos