VMware Horizon Community
jahegyi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon on Windows 10 ARM

Has anyone had any success getting the Horizon client installed on Win10 ARM? The UWP Store app is no longer being updated and will be deprecated. Regardless of which 7.x or 8.x variant I use (32 or 64 bit core on the 7.x versions) and emulation settings the install always ends with install failed. I'm running the DEV Insider ring with x64 support. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DCasota
Expert
Expert

Actually there are no Horizon Client on Windows ARM64 download bits. In reference to https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-Client-for-Windows-10-UWP/5.2/horizon-client-windows-10uwp... there is no support for W10 releases UWP after 1903.

0 Kudos
jahegyi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't see any reason why the application shouldn't install, however, if ARM has the ability to emulate 32 and 64 bit apps. That is what we are looking for. 

It makes me wonder if VMWare has some sort of a check in the package that causes the install to fail on purpose. Reminds me of what Microsoft did when we were trying to package Teams with AppVolumes or Liquidware FlexApp. You have to remove the following registry key or else the installer fails:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc\VMware VDM\Agent

0 Kudos
DCasota
Expert
Expert

Hi @jahegyi , could you share more in detail your findings from a DEV perspective? vHardware, image setup with [VMware Tools, Horizon Agent, OS optimizations] and last but not least compatibility&performance 🤗

Much less vulnerabilities on Arm was/is the trigger in my tinker runbook. A while ago the Azure SQL edge on ESXi on Raspberry Pi provisioned flawlessly. The findings next in Windows 10 on Arm at that time didn't evolve in lack of a working setup.

0 Kudos