VMware Horizon Community
acpzehetal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon environment access via UAGs broken after a network issue

We had a major network issue in our virtual environment with one of our infrastructure ESXI hosts. While it was offline, some of our connection server, one of our UAG and the composer server were on this host.
After moving this vm´s to a working host and restart of the VMs, our users could access their virtual desktops after some error messages like "desktop pool offline" or "all available desktops in this pool are busy". From outside via the UAG´s the user can´t access their desktops anymore with the same error message.
We rebooted the whole environment, the connection server, the UAGs, the composer server and the ressource vcenter, but there is no change in the issue.
If a user tries to access via UAG, we have a huge amount of events on the connection server "session timed out".
Another symptom is that we can´t trigger a desktop reboot from the Horizon admin console, there is no action on the ressource vcenter. After we restartet the composer service it is partially working from inside.

We have some error messages from ADAM and SSl-Broker on our first connection server, the NetScaler in front of the connection server is monitoring port 443 ssl-bridge errors.

This issue is very crucial to our enterprise and our users from home can´t access the horizon environment anymore.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
domdsouza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My first recommendation would be to open a ticket with VMware as this is a production issue and the forums are probably not the best place for this type of troubleshooting.

But if you wanted to look at something while waiting for a response, I would start with the firewall as it looks like something is being blocked on the firewall. Make sure TCP and UDP is allowed as well. 

0 Kudos
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you are familiar with Horizon, there are a couple of things to try including double checking the network/port settings, decommissioning the affected CS and putting a new one, re-pairing the UAG, deploying a new UAG, restoring the LDAP backup etc. But the first thing I would do is to open a priority ticket with VMware since production is down. 

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos