VMware Horizon Community
CEDRIC_J
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon drive sharing not working

Hi,

I use VMware Horizon Administrator  Build 8.4.0 - 19067837 Version 2111 and VMware Horizon Client 2111 Build 8.4.0 (18968194)
When I click the Settings > Drive Sharing link and I choose folder client I want to share but nothings appear in the This PC folder.
Also, when I plug a USB key it appears but stay in grey. "USB Access" is enabled in Horizon Administrator.

I try with Wmware Blast, PCoIP and Microsoft RDP, same result.
Thanks for your help !
Cédric

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FelixYan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please give more description/screenshots to help better under the problem.

- It's not clear about "When I click the Settings > Drive Sharing link and I choose folder client I want to share but nothings appear in the This PC folder.", do you mean you can't see the shared folder on the remote desktop side?

- About "when I plug a USB key it appears but stay in grey.", is it a USB storage device? You see the USB device in grey status from USB dropdown menu of remote desktop bar?

0 Kudos
charliednwm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Felix,

I am also facing the same issue. I did add a local folder in drive sharing setting at Settings > Drive Sharing, and apparently the local folder does not appear in remote desktop side.

Can you help to advise me what are things I need to do in order to enable shared folders. Thanks!

0 Kudos
emik85
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

Can try roolback to horizon agent 2106-8.3.0-18285309

0 Kudos
SCOlivier
Contributor
Contributor

Same probleme, someone have open a case?

0 Kudos