VMware Horizon Community
whibr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon client BLAST session is disconnecting after an idle period

When I minimize a Horizon client 4.8 BLAST session window, after just a few minutes my instant-clone desktop (Windows 10 with Horizon agent 7.5.1) will disconnect my session.  With a PCoIP session, the session will remain connected after minimizing the session window.  Is there an idle session timeout setting for BLAST, or is there something else I should check?  I don't want a user's BLAST session to automatically disconnect if the user has paused work for a period of time.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I came looking for answers on the same question, I upgraded to Horizon 7.11 and UAG 3.8 and now it seems to be doing that when I minimize a desktop, hadn’t done it before on 7.10 and UAG 3.7.1 and both are upgrades, export UAG config and imported it back in to the new appliance so nothing changed except versions.

0 Kudos
gbog
Contributor
Contributor

Any luck with resolution?  My blast connections are disconnecting frequently using UAG 3.8.

0 Kudos
heimdm
Contributor
Contributor

Any luck on this? I have 7.11 with UAG 3.81 and see disconnects as well.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi heimdm

Blast doesn't support multihop when connecting through UAG, make sure tunnel is enabled on UAG for blast external URL and Blast external URL is disabled on connection server settings under horizon view admin page.