VMware Horizon Community
henrylaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon client 4.6.0 on Linux Mint: says libusbRedirectionClient.so is missing but it's not

Freshly installed 4.6.0 (32bit) connects to the remote server correctly.  When I launch the "desktop pool" a normal black fullscreen appears (as it normally does for a moment), but then after a few seconds the desktop pool reappears and there's no session with the remote VM.

The logs (which I can't begin to interpret) show that the point of failure is marked by the message "VDPUsbRedirectionVmdb_Init: failed to open plugin file /usr/lib/vmware/view/vdpService/libusbRedirectionClient.so: /usr/lib/vmware/view/vdpService/libusbRedirectionClient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".  This is puzzling, because

1. USB redirection is not configured on this client.  I excluded it at the initial setup.
  2. That libusbRedirectionClient.so file exists, in exactly that specified position!

Any suggestions on how to debug this?

Another puzzling aspect of this--and I can't even see how this is relevant--is that this machine build is copied directly from another one, with just the hostname and associated addresses changed.  The "source" image works perfectly on the original machine.  This "cloning" process works flawlessly for 64-bit clients which are built in exactly the same way.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ahy123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Henry,

I acknowledge that it's a little strange that the log complain a ".so" file missing but it's there.

That may be caused by an error on file system or file properties(I mean with an executable access), not sure.

As I understand, your real concern is that the view client didn't show remote VM session as you want, and actually, it's not caused by the USB error.

Because our "MKS&VDPService" modules will do their routine business to initialize all plugins, and go on other jobs(like showing remote session) after some plugins failed.

My suggestions:

1. Switch protocols from PCoIP to BLAST or from BLAST to PCoIP, and have a try. Sometimes, they stuck.

2. Make sure you have a suitable DNS, and you can reach the agent machine from client.

3. Install view client with our bundle or tar package as the official document shows. If you DO want to "copy" directly, please use "-a" parameters to preserve the files' properties.

4. Include USB Redirection at the initial setup, and have a try.

If the issue still exists after these actions, please upload log files for troubleshooting if convenient.

Thanks.

0 Kudos