larstr
Champion
Champion

Horizon client 2106 for Linux issue with Teams

Jump to solution

Client: Ubuntu 2004, 5.4.0-77-lowlatency

Desktop: Windows 10 20H2

Teams: Teams Version 1.4.00.11161 (64-bit). VMware Media Not Connected.

Horizon: Horizon 8 with the 8.3 2106 Agent installed.

After upgrading the linux client Teams is no longer detecting any Audio/Video devices:

larstr_0-1626775502885.png

Reverting to version 2012 and everything is working fine:

larstr_1-1626775573218.png

If we open the Camera app in Windows 10 using the 2106 client it will work fine.

I suspect this issue is related to the newly introduced Teams Optimization. It is enabled in our environment and has been working fine for a while with other supported clients.

Anyone seen this issue before?

Lars

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
larstr
Champion
Champion

Yes frodo, that file is there.

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 18420048 juli 23 08:42 /usr/lib/vmware/view/vdpService/webrtcRedir/libwebrtc_sharedlib.so

Also, the install scan shows that everything is ok:

larstr_0-1627022659914.png

I have reinstalled a couple of versions of Teams, but the issue remains the same.

Lars

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
frodo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your answer, Lars. 

We are not able to reproduce this in our lab with default Ubuntu 20.04 kernel flavor. I will try Ubuntu Low latency kernel and let you know 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
frodo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lars,

Are you able to find the following on your Horizon Linux client? /usr/lib/vmware/view/vdpService/webrtcRedir/libwebrtc_sharedlib.so

Have you tried restarting MS Teams app on windows desktop to resolve your camera device issue?

0 Kudos
larstr
Champion
Champion

Yes frodo, that file is there.

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 18420048 juli 23 08:42 /usr/lib/vmware/view/vdpService/webrtcRedir/libwebrtc_sharedlib.so

Also, the install scan shows that everything is ok:

larstr_0-1627022659914.png

I have reinstalled a couple of versions of Teams, but the issue remains the same.

Lars

0 Kudos
frodo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your answer, Lars. 

We are not able to reproduce this in our lab with default Ubuntu 20.04 kernel flavor. I will try Ubuntu Low latency kernel and let you know 

0 Kudos
frodo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Not able to reproduce with low latency kernel 5.4-80.  What locale or language do you set on  your Ubuntu Linux client?

0 Kudos
larstr
Champion
Champion

$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=nb_NO.UTF-8
LC_TIME=nb_NO.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY=nb_NO.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER=nb_NO.UTF-8
LC_NAME=nb_NO.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=nb_NO.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=nb_NO.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=nb_NO.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=nb_NO.UTF-8
LC_ALL=

0 Kudos
frodo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Weird is that your original post screenshot with 2012 client shows speaker and microphone device name using different language than English.  Or maybe I missed something. It seems 2106 and  2012 client used different locale

0 Kudos
larstr
Champion
Champion

The Windows 10 version is using a Norwegian display language, but MS Teams has been configured to use English so that's why you see a mix of languages.

Lars

0 Kudos