VMware Horizon Community
jeenuv
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon app on Linux: probing for display settings

I'm using Horizon desktop application on Linux at home to connect to work systems.

My home setup is a laptop connected to an external monitor, running Linux Mint. The external monitor is the only display active (laptop monitor is disabled).

My laptop has a quirk: if any application tries to probe monitor/display settings, the displays freeze and flickers. The system won't be interactive for about 5 seconds. Thankfully this doesn't happen often or at all, so isn't a problem.

When I launch and use VMware Horizon, though, I see this probing way too many times. It probes at startup. Then many times en-route to launching the remote desktop. Essentially, I don't get to interact with the remote desktop until after a minute. If I open settings, it probes. If I close the settings, it probes. If I switch between the host and remote windows, the probing happens twice (once going in, and again when coming out).

FWIW, I've configured the application to 'Full screen - only this monitor'.

I'd like to do away this continual monitor detection. Can I get some advise on what's going on?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeenuv
Contributor
Contributor

I realize this may not be a problem with vmware client itself - I get the same display probing when I run xrandr as well.

Although a separate issue altogether, I'd appreciate if anyone has any pointers.

0 Kudos