VMware Horizon Community
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon and Teams Optimization with Linux Thin Clients

So I just implemented this new "Microsoft Teams Horizon Optimization"  explained here:  https://techzone.vmware.com/resource/microsoft-teams-optimization-vmware-horizon    I tested on my windows hosting devices and the CPU load was offloading fine within teams.   I test it in a thin client scenario running Linux and it will not optimize and points the reason to the horizon client which is 5.5.1 on both platforms.    Please tell me that this is compatible with linux based thin clients because I am beginning to believe it is not.   Jas anyone got this working on linux based TCs or know of documentation saying "it just isn't supported yet".     Also, the OS I am referring to is HP Thin Pro 7.1 based on the Linux kernel.   Thanks for helping.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Official response received from Vmware.      Not support on anything but Windows clients and there is not ETA of when it will be available for Linux based Thin Clients.   UGH.

0 Kudos
JohnWLever
Contributor
Contributor

Teams media optimization is now working with 2103 on Macs, and I've heard through our thin client vendor that the rumor is Q3 for Linux support. Only time will prove if that is accurate.

ap_idb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HP released support for teams on Linux in July 2021. HP ThinPro has not added a new Horizon client since January...hopefully they may get it out soon

0 Kudos
jmacdaddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dell Wyse recently released their Linux-based ThinOS version 9.1.4234 and with it I have been successful getting their 3040 thin clients to use Horizon Teams Optimization.

**Note:  Only works with Blast.  Tested with PCoIP and Teams Optimization wouldn't work.

0 Kudos