VMware Horizon Community
TimothyBates
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View with FSLogix File/Folder exclusions

Hello,

We are looking to finally move away from Persona and have been looking to migrate to FSLogix. We are definitely seeing way better login performance with FSLogix just out of the box.

Question for anyone currently using FSLogix, is there any reason at all outside of profile storage space considerations to really add exclusions? We have built up a pretty finely tuned list of persona exclusions, and I'm wondering if this is even needed moving forward?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If storage is not an issue there's no need for it. There's no noticeable performance gain by excluding files/folders. 

Of course, you also have to backup of that data, so excluding some large unnecessary data might still benefit in some way.

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
0 Kudos
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I know I'm late to reply, but we are using FSLogix profile containers, and redirected folders like Downloads to external share and also using OneDrive to sync Documents etc. This will make sure that even if the VHDX is corrupted/lost, there won't be any data loss. 

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos