VMware Horizon Community
DisgruntledAdmi
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View not working on mobile devices

I'm on an older version (5.2.0) of view.  For some reason, in the past few days, view has stopped working on mobile devices.  View will connect, and as soon as it gets to the Loading Desktop bar, I get a message saying that I've lost connection to the server.  This is happening with iOS and android devices internally and externally.  There have been no new updates or changes on any of the servers that host our view sessions, and our firewall doesn't show that any traffic is being blocked.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can check to remedy this problem?  I've restarted all of the servers and it's still not working.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Just a guess.

Are the certificates still valid?

Are the required cipher suites (SSL, TLS) supported/enables from end-to-end?

André

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What version of the Horizon Client are your endpoints using? 4.10.0 was released earlier this month which disabled support for TLS 1.0. You need to be on Horizon 6.2.1 or newer where TLS 1.0 is also disabled for the newer clients to work.

Horizon View 5.x went end of general support on 2016/09/14 and end of technical guidance on 2018/09/14. There is no expectation that 5.x should continue to function with newer Horizon Client releases. You should prioritize an upgrade or migration to Horizon 7.x as Horizon View 6.x goes end of general support in just over 6 months on 2019/06/19.

There is a VMware supplied workaround available.

Re: Version 4.10.0 not working on ipad

There is a per-device workaround that allows Horizon Client for iOS 4.10 to continue working with TLS 1.0:

• Create a new file named config.txt
  • Add a new line to this file:

TLSv10 = enable

• Connect the iOS device to a computer that has iTunes installed
  • Open iTunes and select File Sharing on connected device
  • Select Horizon in Apps
  • Click Add… button to add config.txt into Horizon App
  • Relaunch Horizon App

Re: vmware horizon 4.10 for mac causes "desktop disconnected" on every connection attempt while v4.9...

The latest Horizon Clients have turned off support for TLS 1.0, an older encryption framework with multiple security vulnerabilities. If your company is on an older version of the server software, for instance Horizon View 5.X, it won’t support the newer encryption connections. There is a work-around for mobile clients that I have been sharing with companies when they reach out to me. Otherwise, you can stay on the Horizon Clients 4.9 until you can update your environment.

Thanks, Kristina

kdenike@vmware.com

Product Line Manager

0 Kudos
3UEPBFU7RTZFQZ2
Contributor
Contributor

Dear 

i have VMware horizon client on my iPhone with verion 8.1.1

and horizon connection server v. 7.x 

and everything is updated, but still coming errors massage “ loading desktop” and then coming “ the session was disconnected lost connection to the server”

can please advise me 

thanks for you

0 Kudos
3UEPBFU7RTZFQZ2
Contributor
Contributor

Dear 

i have VMware horizon client on my iPhone with verion 8.1.1

and horizon connection server v. 7.x 

and everything is updated, but still coming errors massage “ loading desktop” and then coming “ the session was disconnected lost connection to the server”

can please advise me 

thanks for you

BFB55F6A-F630-4677-A122-3059CA0B9266.png

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

You'll want to contact the people who manage the horizon environment your connecting to. That could be a wide variety of issues and access to the servers your connecting to is required .

0 Kudos
3UEPBFU7RTZFQZ2
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for you

0 Kudos