VMware Horizon Community
malefik
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon View: no web-connection after upgrade to 7.5

Hello.

Updated to View 7.5

Now, when connecting through a web-browser, we see the following (screenshot) instead of the login/password input window. Rebooting the servers does not help, cleaning the cookie also does not help.

Any help?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
malefik
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

All problems were resolved by returning to version 7.4

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

There could be a number of different causes for this issue. In a case like this, a dive into the logs and system events is needed. Do you have a support contract with VMWare? If so, I would create a support ticket to look into this further.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos
dbrutus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is this happening across all browsers or is it just a specific browser? If it is only happening in Chrome, please take a look at this site below.

https://www.stephenwagner.com/2018/01/06/failed-connect-connection-server-chrome-vmware-horizon-view...

LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Eliminating the browser to be the issue is good idea.

You could also just uninstall and reinstall 7.5.  I've done it plenty of times as the upgrades are not always 100%.   Be sure to take snapshots and/or backups of the VM and environment.   When uninstalling, DO NOT REMOVE the ADAM DB.  It's what contains everything related to your View environment.

Also, do you only have one connection server?   Adding in a replica server is recommended for redundancy.   You could point to that specific server and test the web portal.

Hope that helps.

Larry B.

0 Kudos
malefik
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

All problems were resolved by returning to version 7.4

0 Kudos