VMware Horizon Community
sgangale
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View HTML Access - Customize domain selection

Hi all,

we are in a multi tenant environment, and obviously we don't want a customer to see the other customers' domains.

The best solution for us would be to modify the domain field, from the drop down menu to a simple text box, is it possible? how can I do that?

if this isn't possible, what is the best way to achieve our goal, keeping in mind that exclude/include domains list isn't applicable in our environment because we don't want to setup a new connection server for every new customer?

thanks a lot

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

0 Kudos
sgangale
Contributor
Contributor

maybe I didn't explain myself correctly.

We cannot user domain filtering because if we have 100 customers and we want every customer to be able to see only its domain, we should setup 100 connection servers and it's not the case.

Any other suggestion?

0 Kudos
Mjah01
Contributor
Contributor

Did you found any solution for this problem? I am facing the same challenge.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Horizon View does not support Multi-tenancy and is frankly not built for it.

You should look at Horizon DaaS instead. (Formaly desktone)

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Mjah01
Contributor
Contributor

Well, we have a parent->child domain (customer) setup. So if there is a way to hide or change the dropdown to domain\username then my problem is solved.

But it seems that is not possible right?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

You could always build URI:s for the users instead with the domain preconfigured.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Zaim33
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does every customer have the same landing page or do you have separate View Connection servers (and therefore pods) per customer?

If you have separate pods then the solution detailed above would mean you could set an exclusion list per pod and only include the domain of the customer in question.

Just noticed the above link isn't as clear as it could be. Try VMware KB: Using the vdmadmin command to exclude or include a domain on a search list for View Admin... as this uses the vdmadmin command to exclude/include a domain list and can be used per Security server if you are segregating your customers thus. If you're not and everyone is hitting the same pod then I'm not sure how you can do this other than removing all domains and see what happens...could be interesting.

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Mjah01
Contributor
Contributor

Well, the idea is to create one landing page as it is going to be a small VDI environment as an extra service. Building extra brokers per customer is kinda overkill and will create extra costs for the customer so not really an option.

Desktone is also not an option because you will need the 10.800 point plus VSPP subscription, we have the 3600 points.

I will build the environment and see what happends when i delete all the domains out of the domain search list. The best solution will be to skip the domain selection box and make it a text field where you can enter a domain manual, just like Citrix does it with there Client/Portal.

0 Kudos
vitalik78
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I know this is a bit late, but I was wandering if you where ever able to get this going.

0 Kudos