VMware Horizon Community
haripadmam
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Horizon View Connection and Security Server Pairing

Hello Friends,

I need some clarification on security and connection server pairing. As I understand in earlier versions connection and security server pairing is one-to-one.

Is this same behaviour in Horizon 6 as well? I can read we can connect multiple security server to single instance of connection server. But other way is possible yet? What are the combinations are feasible or supported?

Documentation Center for Horizon 6 version 6.1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
roneng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

still one to one,

if you need high availability just add another connection server and pair it with another security server

View solution in original post

2 Replies
roneng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

still one to one,

if you need high availability just add another connection server and pair it with another security server

vTimD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You should have a look at Horizon Access Point:

Technical Introduction to Access Point for Secure Remote Access - VMware End-User Computing Blog - V...

Access Point will be able to be setup in HA pairs, and not tied 1:1 with connection server. They are designed so you can set them up in a HA load balanced pair, pointing to an internal LB VIP for load balancing connection servers. This may be the kind of solution that you are looking for. Access Point was introduced with Horizon View 6.2.

-vTimD http://www.vtimd.com If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.