VMware Horizon Community
GarTomlon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon View Composer v 7.2.0-5652634 Install Fails

Have been trying to install View Composer .  I am trying to simplify it.  Install on a box with SQL 2012 Express SP2 .  I have it installed with SQL Server Authentication. I created the DB with the appropriate user mapping login created.  I create the ODBC connection with SQL Native Client 11 with successful connection.  I have my SSL cert installed correctly.  I start the install.  I provide the DSN, username, and password.  It accepts it as correct and accurate.  I accept the default port of 18443 as the SOAP port.  I am given the chance to select the SSL cert (it has the cooresponding fingerprint / SN), I click NExt and Install.  It proceeds to install then errors out with "Error 28015.  En error occurred while upgrading the database, the connection to the database failed.  Please see log file for more details.'  I check the logs, but do not see anything that sticks out.  This is on a Windows 2012.  Fresh install.   I have tried multiple way.  I have tried with and without the SSL.  Anyhelp would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The issue is occuring possibly due to ODBC Driver used, refer KB https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2090208

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Be sure to provide "Log on as a service" to the service account or installation account  on composer server

0 Kudos