VMware Horizon Community
rcmcguir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon View Client v2.2 Forward Has Issues with Bad DNS Servers?

So recently we had some DNS issues at some locations and it brought down access via the Horizon View Client.  Each location had three DNS servers configured and only the primary was having issues.  There were no other software having issues resolving addresses that I know of.

So here is what I found in my testing...

- If the primary server is completely down and not responding, Horizon View Client can resolve the host address fine.

- If the primary server is up but not responding in a proper manner to requests, Horizon View Client cannot resolve the host name.

-Horizon View Client 5.4.0.1219906 handles the issue appropriately and can resolve the host.

-Horizon View Client 2.2.0.13999, 2.3.3.18259, and 3.1.0.21879 all fail to resolve the host

It would be nice if the newer versions handled bad DNS responses as well as the old client did.

Please share if you know anything.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had problems with the newer View Clients too.

We've noticed that the newer clients ignore subnet prioritization too:  Re: VMware View Client Ignores Subnet Prioritization

0 Kudos
rcmcguir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info.  I wonder, as you stated in your post, why they don't just follow how the OS handles it. 

0 Kudos
lanalyzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello rcmcguir,

Please open a support request with VMware support to get proper diagnostic information and the issue can be further investigated.

At the present time there are no other reports from customer regarding this being an issue. If the issue is present, with proper diagnostics data it can be identified and fixed accordingly.

Regards,

JesusM

0 Kudos
MarcosTusso
Contributor
Contributor

I confirm the problem persists on 3.3.0.

One of our DNS servers died, and clients on 3.3.0 were unable to resolve the connection server address.

Clients on 2.3.0 tried the other DNS servers and worked just fine.

Was this acknowledged as an issue to be resolved on next release?

0 Kudos