VMware Horizon Community
UvisG
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View Client server list

Hi,

Is it possible to list different servers for users to choose from in Horizon view client app? We have now distributed one server url through GPO, I would like to add one more and let users to choose. 

Thanks in advance.

Uvis

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Uvis,

why not a load balancer in front of the connections servers? I gues you could even get away with using uag's internally and using their load balancing so you only need a single address to connect to.

0 Kudos
UvisG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We will do like that a bit later. We need at start replace one connection server with new Windows version, so I imagined that it would be cool for users to choose which server to use. Send out notifications to use new, but if smth goes wrong then choose old one and contuine to work. Also we have one connection server with 2FA and one without 2FA, so we can't put both servers behind uag, otherwise one ore another will need to start use 2FA or vice versa which will not comply PCI requirements in our case, ok will comply if just all will use 2FA, but that isn't a goal now. 

Do you know if it is possible to conifigure UAG with authentication options? Is there option to let end users to choose to authentificate with 2FA or without? 

0 Kudos